“Wat den einen sin Uhl, is den annern sin Nachtigall” is a wonderful Low German idiom that roughly translates something like “One person’s owl is another person’s nightingale.
What’s my nightingale you ask?
cough I quite like some of the Covid ramifications: cough
- I haven’t been stuck in traffic for over a year
- No summerly pi$$ing contest about who had the best long-distance holiday
- Fuel consumption cut in half
- Suddenly everybody is a depressed pessimist
- As long as the world stands still, I have a chance to catch up